Friday 27 August 2010

Paxton Pits

We had a club outing to Paxton Pits, near St Neots, last Sunday, but I've been so busy that this is the first chance I've had to post any pictures.  There wasn't a great deal of bird life around - mainly cormorants, in fact, and as a trout fisherman I have a pathological hatred of these black pests!  There were some rather beautiful swans around, though, and the ripples on the water provided a great background for them.


On one of the shots, a second swan managed to find its way into the frame - in reflection only - but I rather liked the effect.


Not being motivated (or proficient) enough to chase the rapidly moving dragon flies, I stood by the river and watched the world go by.  The speed of the canoe was more to my liking!


As always, this trip wouldn't be complete without the usual selection of Homo photographicus specimens.  There weren't many of us, but that didn't matter as we had an excellent morning out.

No comments:

Post a Comment