Tuesday 26 June 2012

Blickling Hall Interiors

I'd always considered the National Trust as being relatively unfriendly towards photographers.  As well as the "no tripods" rule, there's usually been a ban on taking pictures inside their buildings.  Things must be changing, though, as I was actively encouraged to use my camera inside Blickling Hall, so long as I didn't use flash.  Light levels were low, but I still managed to capture some of the amazing interior of this place.

The pictures are a mixture of single images and three-shot HDRs.  All were hand-held, and the majority were taken at ISO3200.  The 5DmkII still astonishes me sometimes...


2 comments:

  1. what’s underneath the stairscase

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a large, open entrance hall, if memory serves. Try googling "Blickling Hall Staircase" and you'll find other shots which show more of the staircase surroundings.

      Delete