Thursday 24 October 2013

Pictures at an Exhibition

Next week sees Cambridge Camera Club's annual exhibition at The Guildhall.  The exhibition is open from 1:00 to 5:00 on Monday (October 28th), and 10:00 to 5:00 on Tuesday through to Saturday (October 29th to November 2nd).  I'll be there all day Saturday if anyone fancies dropping by for a chat and a chance to see some absolutely stunning images.

This year, for the first time, two of my pictures were chosen to grace the exhibition posters.  The first is a shot taken inside the Cloisters at Gloucester Cathedral.


The second was a portrait of an Icelandic Horse, taken during our visit there earlier this year.  This is one of the very few pictures I've actually got around to processing from the trip, but I hope to be able to do some more very soon.


[Note:  I have struggled to upload the horse picture without it being mangled by Blogger and made much darker.  A little bit of research led me to suspect a setting in my Google+ account: "automatic image enhancement", which is enabled by default.  Enhancement my foot - why can't these stupid programs just leave things as they are?  The image is now correct, I believe, until the powers-that-be at Google decide to make another unilateral "improvement".]

This is how the pictures look on the posters themselves.  Let's hope they help to attract lots of visitors to what promises to be an excellent exhibition.



For all fellow Yorkshiremen out there, I should have mentioned that the exhibition is FREE and that refreshments will be available!

No comments:

Post a Comment