Friday 3 October 2014

Hebrides 27: Uig Sands

It was another stinking hot day, so we decided to head West to Uig and Great Bernara, squeezing in a visit to the only distillery on Lewis while we were at it.  I decided to test out my heel by going for a short walk around Lemreway before the sun got too high in the sky.  This became somewhat extended as I spent quite a while chatting to an old lady in a croft, and then later to the village "constable" (actually a fisherman, as far as I could tell).  On the way back the old lady told me to wait at the end of the road, and then presented me with four fresh eggs for our tea.  Who could ask for more?







The drive across to Uig was hot and hazy, and we decided to head for the distillery first.  Finding it was another matter, though, and we ended up going quite a long way beyond it.  There was an unexpected bonus to getting lost, however, in that we found a great location to view the Uig Sands.  Again the light wasn't perfect, but camera movement does a lot to smooth out the areas of high contrast.  I also rather liked a house which had been built into the hillside, overlooking the sands.  Can you imagine waking up to a view of this beach every morning?  Pure magic!
















Apologies for the repetition, but I can't make my mind up which I like best.  I feel a set of prints on soft art paper coming up...

No comments:

Post a Comment