Wednesday 26 November 2014

Leeds Castle

September 15th was our 30th wedding anniversary, and, to celebrate, Harriet and I spent a long weekend staying in Rye, exploring Kent and Sussex.  We decided to break the outward journey at Leeds Castle, near Maidstone, on what turned out to be a very hot and sunny day.  The castle is just as beautiful as I expected it to be, but the grounds were equally spectacular.  I really wish I lived a bit closer, as our tickets would allow us unlimited access for a whole year.










There was no objection to me taking pictures inside the castle, which was a little surprising given that it is privately owned.  The building is actively used for weddings and conferences, as can be seen from the two long tables which were being set for the evening meal.








As with my previous National Trust interiors, these are all three-shot HDRs taken hand-held at ISO 2500 or thereabouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment