Monday 1 December 2014

Rye (part 1)

Back in September, Harriet and I stayed in Rye, East Sussex, for a couple of nights, as part of our 30th wedding anniversary weekend.  The weather was glorious when we arrived on the Friday (the same day as Leeds Castle and its Falconry Display) so we went for a walk around the Nature Reserve at Rye Harbour (a couple of miles from the main town).




The Saturday morning dawned damp and misty; and, since Amber (our four-legged friend) decided she needed to go for a walk just after 6am, I had no choice but to go out and make the most of it.




Colour is all very well, but when processing these pictures I kept hearing a small voice whispering "monochrome" in my ear.  Well, I had to listen, didn't I?

For starters, I was impressed that dogs clearly have their own Petanque league in Rye...






The old town of Rye is very beautiful, and the conditions added to the atmosphere as Amber and I walked around.





That's enough for today.  I'll post a few more monochromes from Rye tomorrow, assuming I get a moment to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment