Sunday 22 November 2015

Slimbridge in a hurry

At the end of September, while en route for Bristol, I managed to grab a short time at the Slimbridge Wetland Centre in Gloucestershire.  I had intended to spend the entire afternoon there; but, owing to the combination of inefficiency on my part and horrendous traffic around Birmingham, I didn't manage to arrive until 3:30.  Since the place closed at 5:00, my visit was inevitably rather rushed.  Here is a selection of pictures I took while attempting to see every corner of the reserve at break-neck speed!














Having missed the breeding eiders when we were in Iceland this year, it was good to see them displaying (even if the females weren't especially impressed).





At "last knockings" I managed to grab a couple of pictures of the swans, just outside the visitors' centre.



Next time I really need to get my act together and visit Slimbridge properly!

No comments:

Post a Comment