Sunday 11 June 2017

Anglesey Abbey Interiors

It's a very long time since I went inside the house at Anglesey Abbey, and certainly before the National Trust allowed photography in their properties.  Having played with the Infra Red camera outside, this seemed like a good time to shoot colour.  All pictures are taken with a Fuji X-T2 with 10-24/4 lens, hand held, with the ISO ranging from 1250 to 3200.  The image stabilisation on this particular lens is astonishing, and a couple of these images were shot as low as 1/7s.







The grand rooms are all very well, but I've always been more interested in life "below stairs".  Many of these rooms have been opened up since I visited before, and I had great fun exploring the wardrobe, bathroom, kitchen and butler's pantry.


Now, that's what I call a proper radio!







Good old "Vim" - and with 4d off too.  What a bargain.




The red tray, bottom right in the picture below, brought back waves of nostalgia, as we used to have exactly the same item in the house where I grew up.






No comments:

Post a Comment